Saturday, April 18, 2015

Mika (aka MooMoo)



Our girl Rosie who was introduced earlier in this blog had gotten lost last summer during the Canada Day fireworks.   We looked everywhere for her.  We checked the local pounds,  posted flyers,  posted on finding lost pets, and searched the neighborhood with no luck.  My daughter cried daily without her cat.   So,  since I am a big sucker when it comes to cats,  I had the big idea that we would foster a cat until we could find Rosie.

I contacted Raina's Cat Rescue and they had Mika who was also a tortie (which are my daughter's favorite)   Mika had been in a few other  foster homes and had difficulty fitting in.  She liked to poop under beds instead of the litter box.  She didn't like other animals.   I figured all that would be ok since it was only temporary until Rosie was found.

Two months later, Rosie was turned into the Cambridge Humane Society and we rushed to get her to bring her home.  Unfortunately,  she needed to be held for the weekend because she had scratched her rescuer.  I guess she didn't want to be rescued.





That gave me the weekend to decide what to do with Mika.  

Mika was no longer pooping outside of the litter box.  She still didn't love the other animals in my house but she was tolerant and worked around them.

Both kids had become attached to her and would fight over who she would sleep with.  She is a pillow cat who likes  to sleep wrapped around a human head.  

She had situated herself into my morning routine.   She meets me every morning by the coffee pot so she can be fed and get a drink while the coffee is perking and she and I have a little morning snuggle.

I knew little Mka wouldn't fit in so well anywhere else so she would have to stay.  She is our cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment